Monday, 24 October 2011

China Dress

This mani is one I did last week that I was quite fond of.







 This is the base colour, it's Deeply in Love by Nicole by OPI. Its a nice colour that shifts from a nice cherry red to a cranberry red depending on the light. This colour stains pretty bad though so use a good base coat.






 Then I added Sally Hanson Hidden Treasure, which is a red, orange, gold and green flaky duochrome top coat. Really really pretty.








Finally I mattified it with Essie Matte About You. Great matte top coat, not that I have a comparison but I find it does the job quite well :) Dries fast and chips easily but I think that's common with matte polish in general.


I was quite fond of this combination as it reminded me of those traditional red Chinese dresses, the silk kind with the pretty orange and gold patterns :)

No comments:

Post a Comment